Monday, January 30, 2012

The Most Failed Contract in Sports


I just read an article on The Hockey Writers today. A paragraph stood out to me regarding New York Islanders' goaltender Rick Dipietro. A stat stood out to me and I wanted to share it with my readers:

"It was recently announced that goaltender Rick DiPietro would likely miss the remainder of the season due to sports hernia surgery. DiPietro, whose 15 year contract signed in 2006 will pay him 4.5 million per season through 2021, has appeared in a total of 47 games since 2008, compiling a 14-24 record."

In my view, DiPietro's lack of ice time due to injury, coupled with his extremely long-term deal make his contract the most failed one in all of pro sports.

Source: http://bit.ly/wokIbp paragraph 5 via The Hockey Writers.

Posted via Blogaway

No comments:

Post a Comment