Monday, September 26, 2011

Red Sox Get A Big Win vs. Yankees Last Night

Those of you who decided to stay up until just before midnight last night to watch the Red Sox game know exactly what I am talking about... If you're a Red Sox fan, you may have let out a sigh of relief along with an instant serving of bodily chills. When Jacoby Ellsbury hit a one out, three run homer to right center in the top of the 14th inning, I was EXTREMELY happy, not only because I could go to sleep, but simply because the Sox were able to beat the Yankees in a huge game. Well, it was huge for the Red Sox anyways. In a game where the Red Sox FINALLY got a DECENT outing from John Lackey, plus a bunch of innings (6 and 2/3 innings if my memory serves me well) from the bullpen, this was definetely a game in which the Red Sox felt they NEEDED to win. This win against the Yankees will be, in my opinion, enough to push the Red Sox into the playoffs. My prediction a few weeks ago that included the Red Sox falling out and the Rays getting in may turn out to be completely wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment